Thursday, October 25, 2007

HW 24: My Room-Woman

I do have a room of my own. Even though I live in my dorm, that is not the place that I like to think and collect my feelings. My room at home is actually the place I like to think for the most part. Even though I don’t have access all the time, when I am home, I take full advantage. I took a Woman History class in high school and this quote was actually stated in that class and I remember it. “One could not go to the map and say Columbus discovered America and Columbus was a woman; or take an apple and remark, Newton discovered the laws of gravitation and Newton was a woman; or look into the sky and say airplanes aeroplanes are flying overhead and aeroplanes were invented by woman.” (Woolf 85). This actually brings me to a life experience because I somehow thought that woman are going to take over the world. Even with Hilary Clinton taking a chance. But, I found out that maybe that will still never happen even though it has gotten better, I don’t think that it will never happen. People are shutting her down. “It is fatal to be a man or woman pure and simple; one must be woman-manly or man-womanly. (Woolf 104). I love this quote because it is so true! There can never be a just a man or just a woman. We are all combined and like each other. There is no possible way that someone can be like that because this is how god created us. Then why is woman so degrading even to this day?

No comments: