Tuesday, October 9, 2007

HW 17b: Dailykos vs. Wonkette Smackdown

After reading “Blogging the Presidency: An Interview with Markos Moulitsas Zuniga” and “Sex, Lies, and political Scrapes: An Interview with Ana Maria Cox”, I feel that I Zuniga’s Blog would be more likely to influence the way you would vote in a coming election. His Blog the Dailykos is mostly about war and politics. He is an actual veteran. He uses his experiences and writes them down. So that people can take him seriously and really understand what he is talking about. He gets a lot of controversial comments on his site. He mostly talks about the democratic option, but people respond differently to that. On the other hand, Cox writes about other things like gossip and whatever comes to her mind that day. She writes informally and has her own opinion about what is going on in the world as far as tips on sex and rumors. I think that Zuniga’s blog would have more a politics and the media than Cox’s blog. I also think that his blog would be taken more seriously because he has had the background that supports what he is saying. I know that if I were to make a blog about war and politics I would not have enough sources in which I would be able to strongly pose my opinion. I could easily talk about rumors and gossip and what is going on in the social life. Therefore, I think that the Dailykos would be a better blog to look at for the upcoming election opposed to Wonkette.

No comments: