Tuesday, October 2, 2007

HW 14: Blogging too good for Denton?

I chose to respond to Nick Denton (Kline and Burstein 150-157). According to his responses he believes that blogging is not a new and interesting phenomenon. Even though he does think that it is growing day by day, he thinks that it has been around for a while. Actually, he states “Everything that is, and that will be, has been forever”. Ultimately I agree with him when he talks about people wanting to complicate blogs more than they are needed. After all, I have a blog, and it was so easy to set up and manipulate. For Instance, I think that people will not try to evolve blogs because they think that it is too much of a complicated process. For example, when I started this class, I didn’t know what blogs were and I was afraid to set one up and use it because I thought it was hard to do. But, it really isn’t. On the other hand, I disagree with the fact that he doesn’t want to take experienced writers to write for him. Naturally you would want to pick the best writers for your blog so that they can have well written paragraphs and citations. Whereas Denton wants to have his writers young and new. Therefore, writers with unknown experience would be able to get a job. As a result, you would think that his blogs would not get the best review. But in fact we are wrong because his web blogs are growing an estimated twenty percent a month. Consequently, as much as he says he doesn’t care about how blogs are taking off and how much of a phenomenon it is causing, he business is growing and he has blogging to thank.

No comments: