Tuesday, October 9, 2007

HW 18: What is the world coming to???

I chose to watch jezebel this week. The title is I Love New York 2: Little People, Big Boobs. The URL is http://jezebel.com/gossip/trash-tv/i-love-new-york-2-little-people-big-boobs-308666.php. It is very short, but I find it very disturbing. The first thing that makes me mad is the title. The title plays on a show Little People Big World. That show is very inspiring. It is about real people and how they live their life being little people or “midgets”. On the show I Love New York 2, there happens to be a midget on the show who wants to love New York. “Seriously, there was so much awesomeness in the premiere episode of I Love New York 2 that I'm incredibly optimistic about this season.” In making this comment, Jezebel says that the show is going to be awesome and interesting. But, how awesome is someone’s mom making fun of one of the midgets on the show. I seriously don’t understand how people can watch this and feel like it is a truly good show. I think that it is displeasing that there are shows like this. Yet, so many people watch it and she becomes famous. I don’t get it.

No comments: