Monday, September 10, 2007

HW 4: Responding to "The Voice of the Customer"

PURELL® is a type of hand sanitizer that I found in my room. The promise of this product is “Imagine a Touchable World.” I think that it makes the hand sanitizer seem that that is the only thing you need to put on in order to touch something. I defiantly touch computer keyboards, toys for pets, remote controls, light switches, doorknobs, handles, and kitchen countertops without using hand sanitizer. I do use it, but I only use it if I feel the need. I don’t usually put it on all the time. In the add, it seems as though if you don’t use it, then you are dirty. They also say that the people who have PURELL® see the world in a different light. I see the world the same. Even if I did use this hand sanitizer, there will still be germs on me. I like the hand sanitizer, but even if I use CVS brand, it still feels the same way. It also promises a healthier life. I am a healthy teen, and my doctor never really said “Kerri, since you use this product, you are healthier”. I like PURELL® but I don’t use it as accessibly as the ad wants us to. I don’t think anyone uses it every single second of the day. I don’t think someone will say “WAIT, I can’t open this door right now…I need to put some hand sanitizer on first and after I open the door”. I think that goes a little too far in the ads. But every ad exaggerates just to get the costumer to buy it. Well, I guess it worked for me, cause I have it.