Thursday, September 13, 2007

HW 6: What Interests me as a student?

There was actually only three social computing technologies that I use on a daily basis. These technologies include chat rooms and text chats, instant messaging, and social networking services. These three technologies are the most used among teenagers. Instant messaging has been around for a while, and I would be surprised if someone didn’t pick instant messaging as one of their top choices. This is my favorite use of communication. I think that it is easy and fun. The only thing that I don’t like about it, is that you sometimes can’t tell whether or not your friend is joking or being serious. I also like it because I talk to people that I wouldn’t normally talk to on the phone. I also use www.facebook.com and www.myspace.com. These are the two social networking services that I use. I like these because you can meet people and look at photos. I would never meet up with someone I don’t know. You really cant trust anyone on these services. People can easily pretend to be someone they are not. I only talk to my good friends. The websites itself is easy to set up and easy to manipulate. I also use chat rooms and texts to talk with my friends. I think that text messaging is my favorite because I know that the person I am texting is not someone that is sketchy. It’s also easy if you want to send them something that you don’t want to call them about. Just a little sentence.
My sister took a woman’s history class last year and I got really interested in sexism. There are some things that I couldn’t believe when she told me. Racism also interests me. It is apart of my history and it has decreased over the years even though there is still racism. Also I wanted to find out about the war and refugees. In different countries like Africa and even the US. I wanted to look into Africa because I think that it relates to racism. Like where it all started and interesting facts about the refugees in our country. Hopefully I will be able to find out more.

No comments: