Tuesday, November 6, 2007

HW 28: Riverbend...You inspire me!

Dear, Riverbend. Wow. I am speechless. For so many years, the US has hid us Americans away from what is going on. The media has defiantly portrayed different meanings to us. It really is hard for me to put my feelings into words. Let me start off by saying how brave and noble you are. I believe that everyone in the US should your blogs or this book. Today after reading your book from August 2003, I put up an away message. An away message is something from AIM which is a computer networking service. This is what my away message said…“I highly suggest that people read "Baghdad Burning" by: Riverbend. It is a girl blog from Iraq and It realllly makes me think..and since everyone lives in this country and cares about our future as Americans and other futures in the world, then YOU too should read it.” I didn’t just put this away message up because I HAVE to write a post for my class. I really want people to KNOW what is going on! Most Americans here are going on with their daily routines and thinking nothing of it. This really makes me angry. Some people might not agree with me, but I want this war to end more and more each day. I thought that after we found out that their were no WOMD (weapons of mass destruction), we should get out. We have no business in Iraq. I think that Bush is stupid. I think that he is trying to portray America as the super hero trying to “save the Iraqis“. I believe that is ridiculous. The Bush Administration needs to get off their high horse. Why is it that you have to be jobless or wear something that you don’t want to wear? Why is it that you have to go to bed fully dressed because you don’t know when there will be an attack? It sickens me to think that us as citizens are powerless. Or at least that is how I feel. I feel as though we were put under a trance. Hidden from reality. And yes, the news here should show the Iraqis terror and not only our troops. I wish I could write so much more. I am revolted. Let me tell you, Riverbend, that you are not alone in your feelings. We, here, feel you too.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Thank you for your passion here.